Wednesday, April 29, 2009

God's Voice

The following is a blog excerpt from an OHOH family. Jeff and Cheryl are in the process of obtaining a foster care license. Cheryl shares how God is using His word to encourage her as they move forward in the process.

After yesterday's sermon at my church, I feel led to share some verses that God has been speaking to me about concerning adoption. These are verses that have encouraged me in the past week to press forward in obedience to God's call to add a child to our family through adoption. We aren't sure where this child will come from. Only God knows. But we are certain that God has been speaking to us for several years now that He wants to grow our family, both in number and spiritually. We are trusting Him to guide and direct our paths. He has a plan for our family!

Here are a few verses that have encouraged me this week:

1 Samuel 15:22 To obey is better than sacrifice, and to heed is better

Psalm 56: 3 When I am afraid, I will trust in you. 4 In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.

Psalm 140: 12 “I know that the LORD secures justice for the poor and upholds the cause of the needy.”

Psalm 18: 16 He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters. 17 He rescued me from my powerful enemy, from my foes, who were too strong for me. 18 They confronted me in the day of my disaster, but the LORD was my support. 19 He brought me out into a spacious place; he rescued me because he delighted in me.

Psalm 130:5 I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope.

Psalm 10:14 But you, O God, do see trouble and grief; you consider it to take it in hand. The victim commits himself to you; you are the helper of the fatherless. 17 You hear, O LORD, the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry, 18 defending the fatherless and the oppressed, in order that man, who is of the earth, may terrify no more.

1 Chronicles 5: 20b He answered their prayers, because they trusted in him. 22 …the battle was God's.

Psalm 77:11 I will remember the deeds of the LORD; yes, I will remember your miracles of long ago. 12 I will meditate on all your works and consider all your mighty deeds. 13 Your ways, O God, are holy. 
What god is so great as our God? 14 You are the God who performs miracles; you display your power among the peoples. 15 With your mighty arm you redeemed your people

Cheryl

No comments: